Re: [LUG] routing - cutting off a zone

I would be interested to hear what route (excuse the pun) you decide to take using a Raspberry Pi.

In the past when trying to achieve similar I have used a setup similar to this:

http://www.smallnetbuilder.com/lanwan/lanwan-howto/24428-howtotwoprivlan

Essentially you have your main broadband router with then two additional routers connected to the main broadband router LAN using their WAN ports; clients then connect to each additional / second layer router. You'll need to configure the DHCP server on each additional / second layer router so that the subnets don't clash.

Although additional hardware is required I've found that people typically have spare broadband routers lying around these days and it saves having to manage VLANs.

Thanks,
Ben