[LUG] HPFS+ partition mounting read only

Hello all (20:17 7.8.2015) am looking for advice on how to mount an HPFS+ partition as rw read write in Linux please. To give a little background to my question...a MacBook user friend who shal remain nameless, deleted important files. Now the MacBook does not boot to its OS anymore. I can see the files (read only) in Trash. I want to restore them to their original folders, but cannot as the target drive mounts as ro read only. The target drive is connected externally to my Linux Mint system via a usb cable. As root I can issue the usual 'mount -o rw /dev/sdb2 /mnt/sdb2' but get the following message

mount: warning: /mnt/sdb2/ seems to be mounted read-only

Have been reading Google & other search sites for some time with no joy. I hope that some brave soul on here has experienced something similar and emerged wiser than I have.

BjÃrn