Re: [LUG] Sat Nav Updates

On Sun, 29 Mar 2015 15:59:19 +0100, Brad Rogers <brad@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
>On Sun, 29 Mar 2015 16:52:07 +0300
>Simon Waters <simon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>Hello Simon,
>
>>Doesn't everyone just use a smartphone for SatNav?
>
>No.

It depends on how involved you want to get but it's coming to the time
when you are better off just using an old (or new and cheap) Android
device and an app like osmand (if you are happy with openstreetmap)
which doesn't need 3g so a cheap small tablet with gps would work well.
Try out the gps on the device first though as some of the cheap ones are
rubbish.

For map geeks like me though I find it boring to use other people's
maps and like to roll my own where possible.

Dedicated satnavs are headed the way of the dodo.

Kevin