Re: [LUG] Separate keyboard for a laptop

On Mon, 16 Mar 2015 23:31:38 +0000
Eion MacDonald <eionmac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> BEWARE!
> Wireless devices need charged batteries.
Do you mean that the laptop battery must be well charged up when I log
on? If so, would it not work if the mains power is on before a log on?
Or am I not understanding this?

> I always use a WIRED keyboard to Laptop* to ensure it will start up
> with a working usable keyboard.
> I use both laptop keyboard and a wired keyboard at same time, depends
> on desk position.
> I also use a wired mouse.

Obviously this needs more research on my part.

> Experience of having a dead keyboard during a live negotiation for a
> contract taught me a lot.

Do you mean that both keyboards were dead? I would expect the built in
kb to work whatever.

Neil