I'm sure somebody with a pointy foil hat will spot something wrong and when they do I am all ears.

Zen is great, cloud server half deployed, looking forward to using this new service.

I'm sure my blood pressure dropped on payment of my last bill to TalkTalk, I'm feeling the Zen ;)

On 2 Mar 2015 21:59, "Rob Beard" <rob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 2015-02-27 21:50, Daniel Robinson wrote:
Well, do you know what the problem was... Think belkin routers...
Think firmware... Ahh PPPoE at last :)

Yes, that was my issue all along. Had to dig out an old adsl2 router,
dust it off and had hoped to plug n play.

Found out that the issue was Belkin routers refuse to connect properly
with an unknown bug. A router firmware upgrade fixed that!

Seems to be working fine and a quick speed test returns 6.3Mbs up
2.6Mbs down.

Sorry for bothering you all with this issue but I got there in the
end.

Cheers folks

Good to hear you got it working. I've had issues with Belkin routers recently, one decided to have a lay down, then reset itself and dish out DHCP addresses to all and sundry. I know, it's Belkin, I should have known better. Suffice to say it's been relegated to the pile of "bits I will only use if nothing else is available, and even then it'll be only for a small test network".

Out of interest, I gather you're switching to FTTC in the future? Did Zen say if they'd supply an FTTC modem or do you have to supply your own? When I had Zen FTTC installed back in August they provided a modem so all I needed was a router, I went for a TP-Link one in the end... not the best available but for 50 quid and OpenWRT it works pretty well now.

Rob