Re: [LUG] Bloody politicians! Rant.

On Thu, Jan 15, 2015 at 04:18:34PM +0000, Simon Avery wrote:
> I can't see how it can technically be achieved and even if it were, somehow, it
> would make a mockery of the idea of safe internet shopping.

People living in the UK accessing UK-based online shops shouldn't be
affected, as the government (i.e. law enforcement/intelligence agencies)
can already use a warrant to demend details on certain users (or even on
users looking for certai things).

This morning, I wrote a blog post about what would happen if it were
really implemented (and why it's a terrible idea, even if you don't
particularly care about privacy):

  https://www.virusbtn.com/blog/2015/01_15.xml

Martijn.