[LUG] Unnecessary Questions

I have noticed recently that it is becoming more and more a requirement
to register on some web sites before you are allowed to browse. This
annoys me. It my well turn out that, after looking around a site, I
decide that I have no interest in it after all. But I have had to
register to see it. Then I have the chore of de-registering.

But even more annoying is what I call unnecessary questions. One of the
worst, IMHO, is being asked for your DOB. I had a good example of this
yesterday. I was looking around for possibly setting up a web email
address to use when I don't want to use my real one (eg registering as
mentioned above, sometimes they ask for an email address).  I was asked
for first name and last name and date of birth. What possible reason
could there be for the last one? This is just to send a receive emails.
Why ever do they need my DOB?

Am I right to be getting annoyed with all this, or am I missing
something?

Neil