Re: [LUG] Are BT really toadally incompetent?

On 09/09/14 14:30, Tom wrote:

> Shopping around BT were 1/3rd the price for unlimited.

Yes, but as this thread points out BT is terrible.

It galls me to pay 3 times as much, and not get the Sport service, or
the options for WiFi, but the cheap offer is only temporary, BT clearly
relying on you being unwilling or unable to escape at the end of the
discount period.

They don't offer static IP or IPv6 (last I checked).

I suspect they are more inconsistent than terrible, some of their
routers were quite good, and the set-up procedure a few years back was
"plug-in modem and go" (it has got harder since I believe). Similarly
some of their engineers have not been sunk by the organisation and will
still go the extra mile (well few yards of cabling usually), but if you
can get telecomms services without involving BT grab it.