Re: [LUG] Firefox tabs

On Fri, 25 Jul 2014 11:43:54 +0100
Neil Winchurst <barnaby@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Neil,

>suggesting that it would be nice if these changes were offered to us as
>a new layout which we could accept or not instead of suddenly appearing
>after an upgrade. Then we could check them out and decide to go with
>them or opt to stay as we were.

I used to think like that, too.  The thing is, at what point do you stop
supporting the "old" stuff?  If the devs have to maintain multiple
alternatives, they'd quickly go mad or Ff would stagnate.  Probably
both.  Same for other software, of course.  So, whilst I'm no fan of
Australis(1) I fully understand the decision to drop the classic look as
an inbuilt option.

It's not beyond the realms of the add-on makers to overcome the problem,
as we already know;  We're both using CTR.   :-)

(1) WTF is it with everyone making everything monochrome?  We finally
have the technology to make everything photo-realistic, and "they" have
decided everything should be grey/silver.
<sarcasm>Really helpful for those with eyesight issues</sarcasm>

--
 Regards  _
Two sides to every story