Re: [LUG] Truecrypt

On 30/05/14 20:57, Kevin Peat wrote:
Seems like the Truecrypt developers basically gave up and for whatever reason decided to poison the well.

https://www.grc.com/misc/truecrypt/truecrypt.htm

Odd behaviour to say the least.

Kevin
The article seems to be full of the same supposition that surrounds other attempts at a definitive answer to what went on. There's a nice list of facts but I can't agree with the authors conclusions.

There's a nice set of links to the "trustable" versions of TC though.

Give it a couple of weeks, it will all come out in the wash and a new TC incarnation will pop up somewhere. Whether the current TC "audit" could be applied to it would be questionable though.

At least we can all continue to use v7.1a or roll our own.

Martin