Re: [LUG] Junk Mail

On Thu, May 08, 2014 at 12:04:36PM +0100, Neil Winchurst wrote:
> Is junk mail getting worse recently or is it just me?

The quality and quantity of spam differs a lot: not just between
individuals and organisations, but even between those in the business of
measuring it. There's also the fact that the mail stream you see has
probably already been filtered somewhat, so that you're seeing a partial
picture at best.

Having said that, Cisco reported the other day that spam hit a
three-year high water mark

http://blogs.cisco.com/security/spam-hits-three-year-high-water-mark/

It is generally believed that spam was at its worst in the autumn of
2008. I don't think we're back to where we were, but the decline that
was seen, which had always been intermittent, has now stopped.

Martijn.