Re: [LUG] Cloud Storage

On Sun, 6 Apr 2014 14:23:26 +0100, Philip Hudson
<phil.hudson@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>On 6 April 2014 13:44, Neil Winchurst <barnaby@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> So I am asking for any comments etc about cloud storage. Is it a good
>> idea, sensible even? And as I have my own web site would it be better
>> to use that?
>
>Have a look at ownCloud:
>
>ownCloud.org | Your Cloud, Your Data, Your Way!
>http://owncloud.org/

I have used Dropbox for the last couple of years and functionally have
no complaints with them but decided to stop using it largely due to
the cost and the Snowden factor.

I set up an ownCloud server earlier this year but found it just too slow
when compared to using Samba shares and rsync which is what I ended up
doing. I also use Unison to sync my laptop with the Samba server which
although not as seamless as Dropbox works well enough.

Kevin