Re: [LUG] XP to Lubuntu migration recommendation

On 27/02/14 11:22, Philip Hudson wrote:
> Windows XP User? Here's 4 Reasons to Switch to Lubuntu This April | OMG! Ubuntu!
> http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2014/02/four-reasons-why-windows-xp-users-should-switch-to-lubuntu-this-april

I am using Lubuntu on both desktop and netbook, for some reason I am
getting "system problem detected" when I log in,  this is using 2
different versions so I am looking to go back to debian on the netbook
at least.   Then at some point I will be reinstalling my main desktop
(if nothing else to have a clean fresh install) then if the problem is
still there is 14.04 decide if I want to switch after doing the upgrade
to 14.04.

I am also part of the team involved with a new ubuntu based replacement
for XP http://www.torios.org/ this will be based on ubuntu 12.04 LTS but
be very minimalist,  so if anyone wants to get involved with that, feel
free to get in touch with the team.

Paul

web : http://www.zleap.net
twitter : @zleap14

Torbay Raspberry Pi Jam,  8th March 2014 - http://dcglug.drogon.net/torbay-pi-jam/

I am committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable groups and
expect any school or establishment I am involved with to share this commitment.