Re: [LUG] MX

On Thu, Feb 20, 2014 at 09:58:48AM +0000, Daniel Robinson wrote:
> > Please could somebody tell me what on earth is wrong with my MX record.
> > The following link is an image of my DNS records.
> >

> > https://plus.google.com/photos/103670386912684619986/albums/5982395056516127025
> >
> > No matter how many emails I try to send, none seem to get through to my VM
> > mail server.
> >
> I understand my first link didn't work for some so here is another which I
> presume you can all see
>
> https://plus.google.com/photos/103670386912684619986/albums/5982395056516127025?authkey=CMPRmOnovqXOKw

Your DNS seems to be fine:

$> dig +short mx mordros.me.uk
10 mordros.me.uk.

shows that you use one mail server for the domain mordros.me.uk, whose
domain name is (also) mordros.me.uk.

$> dig +short mordros.me.uk
89.168.32.223

gives a working server for that domain. I assume that's yours.

So let's try to send an email to it:

$> telnet mordros.me.uk 25
Trying 89.168.32.223...
Connected to mordros.me.uk.
Escape character is '^]'.
220 mail.mordros.me.uk ESMTP Postfix (Debian/GNU)
HELO lapsedordinary.net
250 mail.mordros.me.uk
MAIL FROM: <me@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
250 2.1.0 Ok
RCPT TO: <test@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
451 4.3.5 Server configuration error
RCPT TO: <postmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
451 4.3.5 Server configuration error
quit
221 2.0.0 Bye
Connection closed by foreign host.

Note the "451 4.3.5 Server configuration error" lines?

There appears to be a problem with your Postfix installation.

Martijn.