Re: [LUG] Suggested Online Mailing List Admin please

On 14/02/14 01:11, Daniel Robinson wrote:
> A raspbery pi would be perfect at only 5w and completely silent.

I'm the kind of a*** techie who can't conceive of an email server
without redundant storage (RAID is your friend). Of course the mailing
list content may not really matter that much, but but but...

Just use redundant storage for email and mail queues and I can relax
knowing that one lost email will now more than likely not get lost.

Virtual servers out there available low cost which will have even less
CO2 impact and almost certainly have decent storage subsystem. Although
when I wanted just a DNS server I had to shop around for less than 512MB
of RAM (really we did email in under 16MB of RAM once and most of it was
spare back then EVEN when users sent insanely large attachments).