Re: [LUG] OT: Curious spam similar to Yahoo! stuff

On Wed, 12 Feb 2014 18:58:20 +0000
Julian Hall <magazines@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Julian,

>I'm also on a couple of Yahoo Groups, and predictably people use Yahoo
>mail - I should say /other/ people :)  Barely a week goes by when one
>of them isn't compromised.

Some years ago now (about three), my yahoo account was compromised.  I
reported it to yahoo, who promptly shut down all my accounts (mail,
groups, flickr) citing breach of ToS and holding me accountable, despite
me being the victim.  I tried to negotiate with them, but they kept
re-iterating their initial response;  Breach of ToS and I was to blame.

At that point I came to the conclusion that yahoo are a bunch of clueless
tossers.

--
 Regards  _
You're not so safe in the safety of your room