Re: [LUG] [OT] Simple peer-to-peer web censorship avoidance

It doesn't sound any different than having a visiting friend use your
wireless network.

Your friend would have to be pretty stupid to do something that could
get you in trouble - because it wouldn't take long before the trail
would lead to them.

Also, they are your friend.

Mmm... As you can tell, I'm having a problem with the philosophy here, not the technology.

Two things about that.

1) It's inevitable some people won't have friends willing to proxy for them in a specific country and there will be group lists of people willing to trade. They aren't my friends.

2) Even if they were my friends, if you say "Hey, want to play with this proxy thing?" "Sure, what's it about?" "blah-blah-anonymous-blah-blah" and your friend, who is less technically competent than you, now thinks they can do things anonymously through your internet connection that they wouldn't dream about doing on your wifi.