Re: [LUG] Mint 15 falsely claims / is full

On 08/12/13 23:49, Julian Hall wrote:
>  Hi All,
>
> Mint came out of a locked screen to give me a critical disk space
> warning and I have no clue what it thinks it's talking about.  Help
> would be appreciated please:
>
> http://www/kaotic.co.uk/diskspaceanalyser.jpg
> http://www/kaotic.co.uk/cynthia.jpg
> http://www/kaotic.co.uk/gandalf.jpg
>
> Disk Partitions are as follows- screen shot from AOMEI Partition Assistant:
>
> http://www/kaotic.co.uk/partitions.jpg
>
> Natalie: Windows XP -> not usually mounted in Mint as there is no reason
> to r/w to it normally
> Windows7: Windows 7 -> not usually mounted in Mint as there is no reason
> to r/w to it normally
> Cynthia: Windows My Documents shared with Mint
> Gandalf: Used as temporary space for big projects
> / -> Mint root
> /home -> Mint home
> /swap -> This is the one that for some reason AOMEI Partition Assistant
> says is unformatted, obviously it isn't..
>
> All on the same physical disk but different partitions as you can see.
>
> Mint is complaining / is full, to the extent I am having to write this
> from Windows because it won't even allow Thunderbird to write the
> temporary file to send it.
>
> As above, both cynthia and gandalf are separate partitions from / or
> home so I don't know why they are being counted in the first place.
> Secondly as you will see from all the screen shots, /none/ of my
> partitions are even approaching full so why is Mint complaining please?
>
> As a final note, the MIAMI VICE labelled drive is my optical drive[1] so
> should be irrelevant?
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Julian
>
> [1] Yes it decided to mount for once...

That does look weird, although it's difficult to make any sense out of
the output from your random partition tool.

Boot into Mint - rescue mode would be sufficient - and post the output of:

df -klh
mount
cat /etc/fstab

If necessary, mount a windows partition in R/W mode and pipe the output
of the above to a temporary file on it. Reboot into Windows to get
access to the files and a working OS to mail us the output, or just SCP
the results to another machine if you have another working
computer/phone/tablet.

All your links are 404'ed by the way - you accidentally formatted them
all http://www/ instead of http://www.

Regards