Re: [LUG] Pi mystery

Not as described. At Exeter the screen was never powered off and the HDMI cable was never disconnected from the screen. But it still seems possible that it was something to do with having an HDMI connector. Come to think of it... I don't think either of us has ever seen this board boot when connected to an HDMI cable.

On 25 November 2013 21:41, bad apple <mr.meowski@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 25/11/13 21:18, Gordon Henderson wrote:
> If using HDMI, then the target device must be enabled and turned on
> *before* you power up the Pi. The Pi detects the presence of a working
> HDMI capable device in milliseconds after power up and if it doesn't
> detect one, it will switch to compost video output.

This.

I knew this was the problem instantly, and I don't even own a Pi. I do
read forums/articles about them though and it comes up frequently.

Regards

Phil Hudson                  http://hudson-it.no-ip.biz
@UWascalWabbit                 PGP/GnuPG ID: 0x887DCA63