Re: [LUG] Upscreening me laptop

On 18 Nov 2013, at 12:29, Tom <madtom1999@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Just been doing some coding on my laptop and was wondering about getting a new one
> with a humungous screen as the IDE I'm using has grown to fill more than the space
> available and then I thought, as I only ever use it on my lap why not just get a
> 'stick on' bigger screen as if it was on a desktop! Just wondering if anyone's
> been down this road as I have been unable to search successfully for a 'solution'?

Laptop hardware can often drive higher resolution external screens but it is all
dependent on the graphics card.

Configuring it these says is usually fairly easy once you have card and driver
sorted.

You can also in X make the screen larger than the display and scroll around, haven't
tried it recently but you don't want to go there.