Re: [LUG] DVDs won't automount in Mint 15 inc Link!

On 24/10/13 22:04, Kevin Lucas wrote:
On Thu, 2013-10-24 at 16:54 +0100, Julian Hall wrote:
Hi All,

Originally everything worked perfectly, then DVDs failed to automount.
Googling the problem placed the blame on an update - gvfs from 1.12 to
1.16 - and forums suggest downgrading. How do I do that please?

Kind regards,

Julian

follow the steps in this thread
http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=198&t=146187#p770495

starting with this

  sudo aptitude search '~igvfs'

Hi All,

Well I'm back to this again.. I've tried the roll-back method in the url Kevin posted (which I should have seen before as it was a link on a page I had already looked at.. doh!) Anyway it tells me the only available version is the one I already have so won't let me downgrade:

julian@Cerce ~ $ apt-cache policy gvfs
gvfs:
  Installed: 1.16.1-0ubuntu1.1
  Candidate: 1.16.1-0ubuntu1.1
  Version table:
 *** 1.16.1-0ubuntu1.1 0
500 http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ raring-updates/main amd64 Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
     1.16.1-0ubuntu1 0
        500 http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ raring/main amd64 Packages

Do I need to add a different repository to have access to the older version(s) and if so does anyone know which one that should be please?

Kind regards,

Julian