Re: [LUG] Router question

On 22/10/13 09:04, Daniel Robinson wrote:
Okay, Even with TalkTalk Fibre I sometimes have an Issue with YouTube
video streaming.

Obviously it isn't a case of not enough bandwidth on my part I'm sure
40Mbps is fast enough to stream so I'd say perhaps there is something
wrong with YouTube, unlikely - but your symptoms are not uncommon.

I didn't phone TalkTalk that would have been suicide, I turned my router
off over night and changed the filters, haven't had a problem since.

Infact, I think others here can say why turning router off over night is
a good thing, my limited knowledge says it helps clear static or
feedback on the line.

Have you tried adjusting your MTU settings to something lower?

Last evening, as reported in a previous email, Everything was fine, router showed 14 Mb/s, speed test showed 11.7 Mb/s and the Youtube videos were fine.

Just checked now, 1 pm. Router still at 14 Mb/s. Speed test gives me 3.2 Mb/s (that is not a typo) and the Youtube videos are crashing again. From previous use of my set up I expect that some time later today it will all go back to what I call normal and will all work just fine.

It does suggest a contention problem somewhere.

Neil