Re: [LUG] Oddball memory strips

I am in the process of doing up an old Dell PC,

which runs Win XP, has two USB 1.0 ports and 2 x 256 MB of
RAM.

The USB side of things is sorted, I fitted a USB 2.0
extension
card, which works fine.

The real problem is
the memory. The two memory strips fitted
are industry-
standard 133 x 32 mm, but have their pinout
arranged
differently to most chips. These have 2 x 46 ways on
each
side, giving 184 ways total. Also their pins are closer

Sounds a bit like 184 pin RD-Ram

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_edqPRn3H-wk/TTRMS6eZk1I/AAAAAAAAAOE/Vw9xvtrekdI/s1600/Different+Types+of+RAM+Memory.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RDRAM

To confirm, google some numbers on the existing ram, or the motherboard model number - you can get more information about bus speed from that.

Pretty sure I don't have any of this, but if you confirm I'll have a root around. If not, and nobody else has any, then ebay suggests around £30/2gb is the going rate.  (If I do have any I'll just post it FOC)