Re: [LUG] Phones

On Fri, 27 Sep 2013 14:41:19 +0100, Brad Rogers <brad@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Fri, 27 Sep 2013 10:39:39 +0000
> Rob Beard <rob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Hello Rob,
>
>>I'd be interested to know how well it works.  I've had e-mails from a
>>Chinese supplier of phones that look like clones of popular handsets
>>like the Galaxy S3, Galaxy S4 and iPhone 5.  They all appear to run
>>Android and they're much cheaper.
>
> Yes, they're cheaper, and with good reason;  They're crap.  Expect
> batteries to start failing after a couple of months, and the handsets
> within the year.

To be fair, my Galaxy S3 is only a year old and that hasn't faired too
well... eMMC issues, dodgy USB port (which has been in for repair but
despite the replacement it didn't work).  My only hope seems to be getting
it replaced under the insurance due to the faults. :-/

(Generally I've been happy with Samsung phones, my original Galaxy S was
fine, 2 years old and still worked fine until I tried to replace the worn
casing and broke it myself).

Rob