Re: [LUG] Rooting the Hudl

On Thu, 26 Sep 2013 10:22:52 +0100, Tom <madtom1999@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

>I've been looking at music controlling on a tablet device. I could
>modify the code for a desktop audio mixer to use multitouch on linux
>in a day or so and have almost all the alsa effects working in a
>couple of weeks . The same task for Android is about 15 man years of
>work as everything has to be redone almost from scratch. I cant
>imagine how many other apps that already exist are being re-written
>from the ground up where ideally they just need a small mod for
>multi-touch for small screens. Tom te tom te tom

Why not just think of the tablet as a controller for your PC audio.
GUI on the tablet, back-end on the PC, communicate over Wi-Fi.

I use the XBMC remote control app on Android to control XBMC on a
Raspberry Pi and it works really well and I don't imagine it took
anything like 15 man years to develop.

Kevin