Re: [LUG] SIP calls via Asterisk through NAT

On 10/09/13 13:51, Gordon Henderson wrote:
Run a local caching DNS server.

Still expires eventually, shame they just don't fix it. The problem I have is that it stop * from working internally and on POTS as well. If SIP just stopped it would be a non-issue.

Not actually had a problem with it though, and I do have a few asterisk installations on non-internet connected sites... (hard to imagine, but there are people who don't connect stuff to the internet!)

Ah, that probably works, it's when it goes to connect to an external SIP server the problems start, that's why I have two, the internal/POT is fine with Inet down

--
'ooroo

Stinga...(:)-)
Email: stinga+mythtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx  o
You need only two tools.        o /////
A hammer and duct tape. If it    /@   `\  /) ~
doesn't move and it should use  >  (O)  X<  ~  Fish!!
the hammer. If it moves and      `\___/'  \) ~
shouldn't, use the tape.           \\\