Re: [LUG] OT: Privacy is not dead

On 31/08/13 19:41, Philip Hudson wrote:
On 31 Aug, 2013, at 6:41 pm, Martijn Grooten wrote:

I am well aware that my bank is obliged to inform law enforcement of transactions I make in case I am suspected of doing something wrong, and perhaps they even have some kind of direct access to my bank's systems, with or without the knowledge of the bank. It is also likely that the bar for this suspicious isn't particularly high.

... unless you are an actual Russian oligarch, Nigerian aristocrat or Colombian druglord genuinely laundering vast sums. No problem then, and no questions. :-(

--
Phil Hudson http://hudson-it.no-ip.biz
@UWascalWabbit PGP/GnuPG ID: 0x887DCA63

I have wondered why the government wants to be able to see where every last penny I spend goes and yet seems unable to put a simple law into place that says if the money is going somewhere we cant track it we must treat it as dirty money. As I say I wondered but not for very long. Though it does amaze me that Cameron holidays in Cornwall though that could be he has experience of managing offshore funds remotely and doesn’t need the trips the others do.
Tom te tom te tom