Re: [LUG] Gnome 3 (Gnome-Shell)

On 31 Aug 2013, at 11:58, Gordon Henderson <gordon+lug@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Evolution vs. Thunderbird? I've done a few searches - seems much a muchness
> (Reports of Evolution being slow with imap - which is all we use) - but Gnome
> prefers Evolution for things like notifications, calendar, etc. anyone have a view?

Depends if you an email client that works, or a clone of Outlook. That maybe unfair
on recent versions of Evolution but I've wasted enough time on old versions I'll
wait till someone says it is fixed before wasting any more time. Some folk seem to
think integrated calendar is essential but Google Calender invites integrate well
enough with any Link opening mail client assuming you sync calendar to google
calendar.

In other news Redhat fixed targeted SELinux policy, switching it off is no longer
cool. Anyone claiming the same for Evolution.