[LUG] Arch Sucks - Was: Blind users

On 29/08/13 21:19, Daniel Robinson wrote:
Ha!

At least someone laughed - probably a fellow Arch victim!

Craziest and worst distro ever unleashed on the world - all the elitism
and perverse stupidity of Gentoo, but with none of the elegance,
configurability* or heritage. Where the answer to every single damn
problem on the forum is "read the announcements". Yeah, because I really
want to have to open a browser and point it manually at a website before
issuing "pacman -Syu" daily. On my headless server. But I'll have to
just in case there's an unexpected announcement of "we are about to
enforce a mandatory upgrade from init > systemd which will utterly
destroy your system" which the damned update utility won't bother
warning you about. At least Gentoo will have the decency to warn you
about running "eselect news read" before catastrophically reconfiguring
your box.

I hate almost everything about Arch: pacman sucks, the AUR repository
system sucks, the forums suck. The only good thing I have to say about
it is that it boots preposterously fast. I love the way that they
randomly deprecate stuff (ifconfig > ip) and then just casually post in
their stupid website "announcements" section - "yeah, hey ho, we've
probably just broken all your scripts LOL". I love the way they've only
just got their heads around package signing, and it's still not
mandatory (morons). My non-testing, i.e., allegedly "stable" Arch VM
overwrote it's own grub2 configs again today, resulting in me having to
boot it from the prompt and fix it manually.

Any Arch users (Kai is a fan I think) want to defend their distro of
choice? Convince me I'm wrong please, because I'd love to put a bullet
in it. Don't even get me started on yaourt.

Regards

* is that a word?