Re: [LUG] Crypto was Re: which is better? (more secure)

On 24/08/13 18:48, bad apple wrote:
> This is one of the things that most annoys me about Ubuntu (others are
> guilty, but I'm picking on Canonical here) is their arbitrary failure
> to backport stuff properly - this 13.04 workstation also has 1.0.1c
> installed (why for god's sake?) and if you google about for "Ubuntu
> 13.10 + samba 4" you'll just find lots of angry people castigating
> them for officially declining to ever release samba4 for it:
> ghost@failbot:~$ apt-cache policy samba | head -n3 samba: Installed:
> 2:3.6.9-1ubuntu1 Candidate: 2:3.6.9-1ubuntu1 Samba 3.6! Why, Mark,
> why!? Samba 4 is mission critical for us so I'm unfortunately rolling
> packages for it for the multiple stable distros we target, and it's
> such a damn headache (Samba 4 is easy to use, and properly hard to
> build and package properly).

I'm such a moron...

ghost@failbot:~$ apt-cache search samba4
libsamba-hostconfig-dev - Samba host configuration library - development
files
libsamba-hostconfig0 - Samba host configuration library
samba4 - SMB/CIFS file, NT domain and active directory server (version 4)
samba4-clients - client utilities from Samba 4
samba4-common-bin - Samba 4 common files used by both the server and the
client
samba4-dev - tools for extending Samba
samba4-testsuite - test suite from Samba 4
zentyal-samba - Zentyal - File Sharing and Domain Services

That slipped out at some point without me noticing apparently *facepalms*.

Oh well, that's one thankless task I don't have to bother with anymore.

Regards