Re: [LUG] Safely online banking using Linux, was Re: Banking trojan targeting Linux

On 9 Aug 2013, at 17:15, Martijn Grooten wrote:

> * It is my understanding banks are less reluctant to give your money back if
> you're a business customer. I don't know the details.

You are joking right? Consumers are protected to their eyeballs.

If your banks terms and conditions are unfair, you can just appeal them as a
consumer, and the judge will read, laugh, and rule in your favour (the banks
generally don't like it to go to court, as publicity encourages others who lost out
without disputing the terms to ask for refunds, so even if they think their case is
strong, they stand to lose many thousands or millions of times over if they lose one
case, so they need to be really confident of winning).

If you are a business it is basically caveat emptor. If you agree to the terms as a
business, you are bound to them unless the terms are actually illegal.