Re: [LUG] OT : Android phone crashing

On 03/08/13 18:55, Martijn Grooten wrote:
> On Sat, 3 Aug 2013, I wrote:
>> Might indeed be a file system issue. Could it be an issue with the SD
>> card? I'd happily replace it, or reformat it, but it'd be good to
>> know it has a chance of solving the issue.
>
> I've had it run for some time without its SD card and it didn't take
> long for it to crash.
>
> So I guess I need to look into reformattig the internal file system.
>
> Martijn.

If you're going to have to go that far, you might as well start
investigating Cyanogenmod or another 3rd party re-flash: all Android
phones currently shipped are by default buggy, compromised and full of
useless hateful crapware you don't want. You'll probably be a lot
happier without evil crap like CarrierIQ and god only knows what other
three-letter-agency mandated spying tools installed by default.

As an added bonus, hopefully your phone will be more stable as well. Use
Titanium or something to fully back yourself up first and then quickly
test the most promising looking of the alternative ROMs, you've got
nothing to lose by the sounds of it and you're obviously technical
enough to find the actual re-flashing process a walk in the park, unlike
your 'average' user.

Regards