Re: [LUG] Simple photoblog

I'm totally with Gordon on this. If you've got a program that works well and you're happy with, you're bonkers for dropping it just because it's not being updated. Maintained packaged break all the time, at least with one that's not being constantly tweaked and adjusted there is no chance of a new release breaking existing behavior.  There are some programs that are perfect for their task and rarely need adjustment.

WIth that logic, your program is a lot more likely to be working tomorrow than something that's cutting edge with lots of enthusiastic "commit and sort the bugs tomorrow" developers involved.

If there were security advisories that weren't being addressed in a timely manner, fine, I'd understand it.

If you just wanted a change, you're bored with it, or to look to see what else is out there, I get that too. The world moves on, no piece of software is the best in its field forever, no doubt there are things out there that will fit your needs.

Worrying because it might or might not work tomorrow is daft. Sorry. You might as well worry that you'll get a power cut. Hit by a meteor. Even if it does break, so what? Probably fixable, and if not, try something new then. (I'm guessing your photoblog doesn't have a 99.99% uptime SLA requirement.)

If you want something new for a real reason, just ask "What does XYZ that's good?" It's a lot more honest.