Re: [LUG] Parallella - Raspberri Pi on steroids.

Are people still folding proteins or seti at home.

On Jul 29, 2013 5:02 PM, "Paul Sutton" <zleap@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 29/07/13 16:43, tom wrote:
> Well not quite but for $99 you get two 1Ghz ARM cores and 16 fp cores
> that will do 32GFLops at a push and all for 5W.
> I joined the kickstarter and should get two of these soon and was
> wondering what to do with them. They come loaded with Ubuntu and I'm
> thinking they might pair up very nicely with the Pi (does the B have
> Gbit ethernet???)
> I reckon for Â200 you can now get a supercomputer on your telly!
> http://www.parallella.org/
>
> Any ideas - I just feel this is the sort of thing to make kids utter
> expletives of joy.
> Tom te tom te tom

This was reviewed in the latest linux user and developer I think or the
previous issue as Âa new one has come out since then, all you need is
something to do with a cluster. Â data to crunch, Âany ideas ?

Paul

Paul

http://www.zleap.net

I am committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable groups and expect any school or establishment I am involved with to share this commitment.