Re: [LUG] Oil, PCs and overclocking - was Laptops - and the battery

Maybe one day I might give it a try (I have the fish tank)... or possibly this... http://totl.net/Eunuch/index.html

Hah! That's excellent!  There's a whole host of issues with that, but why not live dangerously and give it a try?

I recall a /lot/ of negativity when I first proposed my own cooling solution, which I later went on and built and it served me with zero maint and zero noise cooling two computers for 2 or 3 years until upgrades forced a return to air when I couldn't find reasonably priced graphics card cooling blocks. I take a somewhat gung-ho view sometimes, it's true, but it makes for a more interesting life.

(For the benefit of new lug members who may not have seen one of my earlier projects before, it's been a year or so I guess, http://digdilem.org/cooling/ )