Re: [LUG] wodim v Brasero

On 18 July 2013 15:14, bad apple <mr.meowski@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

I'm surprised that there is so much evidence of burning disks in the
first place - I certainly understand Neil needing to burn a disc for the
wedding, and I think that's the last time I burnt a CD myself as well,
for a friend's wedding... 5 years ago. How come you're all burning disks
so much? That's yesterday's technology. I don't even own a laptop with
an optical drive anymore. I don't drive, but the missus' boring, low-end
several years old little hatchback came with a stereo with a 3.5mm input
jack, iPod/Phone connectivity and bluetooth (I only mention this because
I know several of my friends only burn CDs to play in their car stereos
these days).

It was so nice to throw out several huge piles of optical disks and
replace them with a large handful of USB drives.

Regards

My car stereo isn't so lucky. It does CDs, it does CDRWs nicely (I have come across quite a few CD players that can't handle CDRW discs) and it'll happily play MP3s from a CD. It has no 3.5mm input, it has no USB... just radio and CD/MP3CD.

Grant.