Re: [LUG] K3B Question

On 18/07/13 06:54, Henry Bremridge wrote:

> cdparanoia
> oggenc | lame
> rename
> easytag
>
> Straightforward and simple. It also allows you to copy particular
> segments from a CD
>
> abcde (yes really) packages cdparanoia but I have had problems in the
> past with some CDs. I have found the following simpler with new audio
> books
>
> a)  Copy CDs to disk with cdparanoia -B. This does not take long
>
> b)  rename the files after each CD. I rename into Side/d/d-Track/d/d.wav
>
> At this point I have a folder of all the CDs. Track by Track
>
> c)  Convert to ogg / mp3. This can run overnight
>
> d)  Then tag them
>
> I would like a command line based tagging software as I could then
> convert to ogg / mp3 and tag at the same time but I have not found it

You might like to try mp3info, installable with or without optional GTK
interface. It won't work with .ogg files though, as you'd guess from the
name.

This made me raise an eyebrow though:

c)  Convert to ogg / mp3. This can run overnight

Overnight? Henry, just how slow is your computer! I regularly encode
15Gb anime transport streams through massive filter chains at CRF 18 and
even that doesn't take overnight.

Regards