[LUG] Whistle-blowing on deliberately choosing poor software

"I also learned about a massively expensive and failing surveillance program under development called TRAILBLAZER that largely served as nothing more than a funding vehicle to enrich government contractors and keep government program managers in charge — when a cheap, highly effective, and operational alternative called THINTHREAD was available in-house, that fully protected Americans’ privacy rights under the law, while also providing superior intelligence to the Nation."

Software developers will recognize this syndrome all too well. In this context, though, for once, I take comfort from it. These servants of our enemies, our rulers, should continue in this vein. Wealth and status and the approval of their peers will be theirs, and real security -- from the state -- will be ours. Go on, goons!

http://consortiumnews.com/2011/11/27/what-country-do-we-want-to-keep/

--
Phil Hudson                  http://hudson-it.no-ip.biz
@UWascalWabbit                 PGP/GnuPG ID: 0x887DCA63