Re: [LUG] OT surveillance

On Wed, Jun 26, 2013 at 7:41 PM, Brad Rogers wrote:
> Those were the *stated* reasons.  There may well have been other reasons
> and 7/7 & 9/11 used as a convenience.

Sure. As I said, we can't look into the heads of the key figures of
the NSA and GCHQ.

But these were the reasons that convinced lawmakers (and, by
implication, the general public) to give them these powers.

And as I mentioned before, I don't think their motives matter. I
happen to believe that these motives are genuine. I may be wrong, but
even if I'm right I think the surveillance that has been revealed is
very wrong.

Martijn.