Re: [LUG] Windows NSA backdoor

On Sat, Jun 15, 2013 at 1:36 PM, Philip Hudson wrote:
> Anyone still prepared to accord Windows and MS the same respect as other
> players?
>
> http://www.heise.de/tp/artikel/5/5263/1.html

You know that the article is from 1999? At the very least it means
that "every version of the Windows operating system now in use"
doesn't mean what you think it might mean reading it in 2013.

I don't think that 'NSAKEY' meant that the NSA has or had a backdoor
into Windows. (If anything, Windows has been under huge scrutinization
for years - many people would have found something fishy going on and
reported it.) I do think that these accusations about Microsoft having
inserted (or having been forced to insert) secret keys are what you
can expect if your source code is closed.

Martijn.