Re: [LUG] OT French camp site internet

On 13/06/13 18:40, Simon Avery wrote:
> For random email access on the hoof, I use squirrelmail or roundcube (both
> webmail) running on my home server. It's a lot faster I find. Tbird
> especially is very fond of trying to cache and index everything by default
> which on slow links (and I'm used to nothing else) can be crippling with
> big mailboxes.

Configure cache in Preferences and configure Synchronisation & Storage
in Accounts for each email account to less aggressively cache and sync
all content from remote to local. You can also reconfigure each account
to copy Sent Messages to a local folder instead of remote (all of which
might be of direct use to Henry on holiday). Pretty much every variable
can be tweaked in Thunderbird to suit all needs.

I run Squirrelmail at home as well, but it's only my general users who
access it - the only place I don't use the versatile Thunderbird is
where I don't have a GUI to run it in.

Regards