Re: [LUG] hey

From addresses in my examples were faked, not the rest of the headers. And yes, "Alex's" post just now is exactly the style I was talking about.

I have no reason not to assume they're deliberately helping spammers.

My judgement of human nature is that in an incompetently run situation, a certain percentage of people will seek to abuse weakness in management. If that means that someone with system access could be selling either details, or access. That it happens with yahoo more than any other provider but quite a significant margin (non-researched, experience only), tells me something major is wrong there.

However, exactly what is going on there I don't know, can't know, and even if Yahoo know would not tell the world. What we do know is, a metric crapload of spam is originating from Yahoo, has been for a long period (years), and they don't appear to be doing a damned thing to stop it. (And yes, I have filed abuse reports)

I can prevent this abuse quite easily to my users. My only choice is balancing whether receiving spam from yahoo is more of a nuisance than not receiving any mail from yahoo.