Re: [LUG] Avatars and advertising

On 27 April 2013 18:50, Neil Stone <neil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 04/27/13 15:35, Grant Phillips-Sewell wrote:
> There is a specific place on the DCGLUG website for members to
> advertise their services. Outside of that, I do not think it is
> appropriate.

I am interested in everyones opinion on this...

> It would be considered somewhat rude if you went to a communal place
> where there was a given table in which you were encouraged to put your
> business materials and instead (or as well) you went around putting
> your leaflets on peoples' laps.
>
> Grant

That's exactly what a lot of businesses do with things like a-frame
boards, i pay for the pavement so i can walk on it, they obstruct it
with their detritis.

Neil

It sounds like you already agree that it (advertising in inappropriate places, such as in avatars on community websites) should not happen...

Grant.