Re: [LUG] Building an iCloud

On 24/04/2013 21:05, Richard Brown wrote:
> Hi All
>
> Thanks so much for the replies. It is interesting that the discussion
> revolved around security because part of me just wants to be sure I own
> the data.
>
> Rich

I would note that even if you only stored data on your own in house hard
drives as encrypted files, you may 'own it' but you are required to
divulge every last bit as clear text to those who have the 'need to
know' under a court order. While UK is not as loose as USA on issuing a
fishing warrant to search, it is possible.

That which you would keep private you never store in any form. (Refer
Master Cromwell for that).

--
Regards
Eion MacDonald