Re: [LUG] vga to hdmi

I had a similar problem recently. A simple lead like that didn't work for me.

Apparently you need a converter box of some kind. That then gets expensive.

On 6 Apr 2013 00:35, "Grant Phillips-Sewell" <dcglug@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Fri, Apr 5, 2013 at 8:42 PM, Rob Beard <rob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 05/04/13 19:59, Paul Sutton wrote:
>>
>> Hi
>>
>> Amazon sell a hdmi to vga converter for £10.20
>>
>> http://www.amazon.co.uk/Adapter-Laptop-Power-Free-Raspberry-support/dp/B0088K7QUQ/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pd_nS_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=3QEX4W6B80DW9&coliid=IEVO2WBC5H6KF
>>
>> just wondered if anyone here had one and if they are able to comment on
>> how well it works,  please.
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Paul
>>
> I've not used one, but the first review on the page seems to suggest it will
> work with a Pi.
>
> Rob

To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't work. HDMI can
support both analog signals and digital ones. What this does, I
reckon, is convert the HDMI-a signal (analog) to VGA (also analog).
I'm pretty sure the Raspberry Pi only supports outputting HDMI-d
(digital) via the HDMI port. I could be wrong, especially since the
RPi has an analog output anyway (the yellow RCA).

Grant.