Re: [LUG] Asterisk and SPA3000

>>> You need to make sure that the SPA3000 and Asterisk are talking the
>>> same DTMF signalling protocol.
>>
>> I have it set to inband since apparently it doesn't correctly do any
>> of the other options however even with inband Asterisk doesn't seem to
>> detect it. I set up my extension to record the audio to a file and I
>> can hear the tones in the file so it looks like inband is passing it
>> through but Asterisk isn't detecting it. I couldn't find any options
>> in Asterisk to detect the tones in the audio coming from a SIP
>> extension, all the options seemed to be about how to transmit them. I
>> hopefully correctly changed the audio codec to 64kbps ulaw, because as
>> I understand it, otherwise they would be scrambled.
>
> inband will only work the G711 u or a.
>
> Does it not support rfc2833 at all?

Apparently it's broken with respect to Asterisk. Some sort of mutual incompatibility.

> Make sure your sip.conf entry for the spa3000 is the right runes in though. That's
> where you put the dtmf options.

Will do.

> Most people will have ATAs like this plugged into their BT wall socket, talking to
> an external SIP provider with the analog port then going to the home analog
> phones. Some ATAs do allow SIP presentation of incoming analog calls to a SIP
> switch though - which is what you're doing and that's when the problems start...
> I've never had a successfull analog installation work like that - always used an
> asterisk box with an analog card.

Sounds like I'm unlikely to achieve what I want on my budget but I'll keep playing
with what I have for a little longer just in case I can make it tolerable.

Thanks for all the advice. At least now I have a better idea of what's up and what
level of success I can expect.

Cheers,
Paul