Re: [LUG] raspberry PI MODEL A for same in Europe

On 04/02/13 17:30, Grant Phillips-Sewell wrote:
The RaspberryPi's USB port(s) cannot supply enough power for most WiFi
dongles. You can get low power ones, but for the most part you will need
a powered hub. The wiki at elinux is a pretty good place to look for
ideas on what works and what doesn't. I know this model is new, but I
very much doubt it will provide significantly more power through the USB
port.

Grant

Thanks for the heads up Grant, I haven't tried a Wifi dongle on my existing Pi although I had some issues with a wireless keyboard. Still a powered USB hub isn't too much on eBay :-)

Rob