Re: [LUG] Learning "web" programming

On Wed, 9 Jan 2013, Grant Phillips-Sewell wrote:

Perl? But... but... the curly braces and semi-colons...!

So... BASIC. I did once produce a version of my BASIC interpreter that I
could use as a CGI back-end....

Or Prolog.

csh scripts?

Pascal... (although there is still the ; issue).

imp77. No {}, no ; It's a high-level structured language. You've probably
never heard of it.. (went into use in 1977 oddly enough) Hello world in
imp77:

  %begin
     Print String ("Hello World")
     Newline
  %end

Keywords are underlined or prefixed with a %. Variable and function names
can have spaces in them too. Has some intersting constructs too:

  a = 7 %unless b = 5

You'll need to resurect the compiler though, but I did resurect it last
year for a modern Debian... Could probably again...

Actually, thinking about it now, I have just the thing for you too:

  Ruby.

Gordon