Re: [LUG] OT: Spot the Space Station

On 27/11/12 11:16, Roland Tarver wrote:
> On 27/11/12 06:59, Henry Bremridge wrote:
>> I came across the following website
>>
>> http://spotthestation.nasa.gov/
>>
>> and the associated
>> http://spaceflight.nasa.gov/realdata/sightings/index.html
>>
>> When walking the dogs, it is great to see the space station going
>> overhead
>>

> cool, thanks Henry. What did the dogs make of it? ;-)
> roly

Cool I use heavens above,  btw if you see the spacestation being
followed by another object it could be the ATV  which is the supply
craft thing they send up to the space station.  Not sure if they are
still using it, but we did see that once,

stellarium is also a good package as that allows you to view the solar
system from different places so see what earth looks like from Mars,  or
What Pluto looks like from Neptune.

Paul

http://drupal.zleap.net
skype : psutton111