Re: [LUG] Ornance Survey preventing Linux users from using Getamap

On 29/10/12 10:44, L Smith wrote:
> Ordnance survey are using microsoft silverlight which is not
> compatible with the linux operating system .. Is this actually a
> breach of anti competative legislation and is this the kind of thing
> that a govermnment agency should be indulging in.

Not sure,  but what does my the recent thread about the government using
Microsoft and facebook (among a few others) tell you about their policies.

Maybe its something the UK free software foundation (or similar) should
be involved with that way there could be a one stop shop to go to,  and
sign a petition or something to ask websites to use open standards.

They may already be involved,  so maybe someone here can provide a link
we can all go to.

Paul

--
http://drupal.zleap.net